Finland Study FAQs

Finland is known for its high-quality education system and innovative teaching methods.

Finnish universities offer a wide range of programs in English.

The country is safe, has a high standard of living, and offers a unique cultural experience.

Finland is a leader in various fields, including technology, design, and environmental sciences.

Entry requirements vary by university and program but typically include academic qualifications like high school diplomas or bachelor’s degree transcripts.

Proficiency in English or Finnish/Swedish may be required, demonstrated through language tests like TOEFL, IELTS, or the Finnish Language Proficiency Test. However, most of the universities do not require any language proficiency tests, but they take their own entrance tests for the admission process. 

Apply through the national application portal, for bachelor’s and master’s programs.

For doctoral programs, apply directly to the university.

Tuition fees for non-European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) students vary by institution and program. It typically ranges between 7,500 € to 11,500 € for Bachelor and 8000 € to 17,500€ per year.

EU/EEA students generally do not pay tuition fees.

Scholarships and grants are available for international students.

Yes, there are various scholarships and grants available, including those offered by the Finnish government, universities, and private organizations.

Scholarships may be merit-based or need-based.

Yes, international students with a valid residence permit for studies are allowed to work part-time during their studies, usually up to 30 hours per week.

Full-time work is permitted during university holidays.

Yes, Finland offers a “Job-Seeker Visa” for graduates from Finnish universities, allowing you to stay in the country for up to 2 years to search for employment.

Finland has a high-quality healthcare system, and international students are often required to have health insurance.

Students may be eligible for public healthcare services, depending on their residence status.

Apply for a residence permit for studies through the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) or at the Finnish embassy or consulate in your home country.

You will need an acceptance letter from a Finnish university and proof of sufficient funds.

Finnish universities often provide housing options for international students.

You can also explore private accommodation in student apartments or shared housing.

Yes, many Finnish universities have internship programs or collaborations with local companies.

Internship opportunities may vary by program and university.

Join student organizations and participate in cultural events and activities.

Learn about Finnish customs, such as the sauna culture and traditional foods.

Embrace the opportunity to explore Finland’s natural beauty, including its lakes, forests, and Northern Lights.


It’s important to check the specific admission requirements and immigration processes for your chosen university and program, as they may vary. Always refer to the official websites of Finnish universities and immigration authorities for the most up-to-date information when planning to study in Finland.

Are you ready to take the next step toward your future career?